The Patient Centered Medical Home model that we use has many advantages, including:
- Each patient gets a doctor plus an entire health care team
- Your team cares for you as a whole person, correctly and safely
- We connect you to any other services that you need
Your health care team is dedicated to being there for you when you are sick and working with you to stay healthy. This team will help you find your way through the health system. Your health care team may include:
- a Physician (Doctor)
- a Physician Assistant/Nurse Practitioner
- a Nurse or Medical Assistant
- a Health Educator
- a Behavioral/Mental health provider
- Other health care staff, as needed
As your care team, we will:
- Listen to your concerns and questions.
- Explain diseases, treatment, and results in an easy-to-understand way.
- Give you clear directions about medications and treatments.
- Keep all of your information confidential.
- Provide you with same-day appointments whenever possible.
- Provide you with 24-hour physician access.
- Send you to a trusted Specialist.
- Help develop a clear health plan about your treatment goals and what you can expect.
As our patient, we ask you to:
- Help us develop your care plan with you so you can follow your plan.
- Write down a list of concerns and questions so that we can talk about them.
- Keep a list of your medications including over the counter medications and bring them to your visits.
- Let us know if you have gone to an emergency room or hospital. Check with us before you go, whenever possible.
- When you go somewhere else for treatment, let them know that you are a patient at Petaluma Health Center and a Petaluma Health Center physician is your Doctor, and give them permission to share the information from your visit with Petaluma Health Center.
We want to help you take care of yourself and your health!